ForumsQuestionsHow to view completed tasks in web browser?

How to view completed tasks in web browser?
marketaebert

Posted: Aug 12, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I would like to see completed tasks for the day - how do I do that?

Thanks,

Marketa
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 12, 2011
There are several ways. Here is the most straight forward.

1) Click the "recently completed" tab on the main view
2) Use the "sort" option in the toolbar to sort your list by completion date.
marketaebert

Posted: Aug 13, 2011
Thanks. However, this way mixes the finished and unfinished tasks together. Is there a way to put the finished tasks at the bottom of each day?
Folke X

No, Marketa, if you sort by Date Completed, the completed ones will in fact come last.

I wonder, though, whether it is really worth it for you to sacrifice one sort order just to see the tasks you have completed.

What you might do instead is save a separate search that has the condition Date Completed | is | Today. In this way the tasks completed today are just a click away.

Or (clumsy solution), if you often sort by a certain field, say, priority or status, then you could make it a habit to set the task's priority ot status to -1 or Canceled. In this way they will come as a separate group in your lista, but it means you add a bit of click-work for each completed task.

I had completed-today tasks in my hotlists for a while, but I got rid of them. They obstructed my view, and I did not have the energy to change them to Canceled, or to vhange the sorting order. I now use a separate "Completed Today" search if I ever need to go back and double-check something. I still have completed tasks in my separate project lists, though, but I think I will drop those, too.

This message was edited Aug 13, 2011.
marketaebert

Thanks. I want to sort by the due date. I like the saved searches solution, although they don't seem to transfer to my iPod. I just started to use Toodledo and need to get used to a different way of doing things.
Folke X

I think Toodledo intends to incorporate saved searches in a future revision of the iPhone/iPod app.

Another feature that would solve this problem (I hope it gets implemented - the sooner the better, as this would be really,really useful for me) is user-defined grouping of a search, in other words allowing a search to comprise a number of separate list sections, with dividers between them in the list, where the user can define both the divider text (section heading) and all the filtering and sorting criteria for each section separately (independently of the other sections).

If that feature were in place you would have been able to easily add a section at the end of your list where you put all your Completed Today - regardless of what selection criteria you had used for the upper part of your list.

This feature originally was suggested here (post 4; half-way down in the post)
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/11500/0/save-sort-order-with-saved-search.html
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.