ForumsQuestionsPlease change how iOS handles subtasks!

Please change how iOS handles subtasks!
Paul

Posted: Aug 15, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I use a LOT of subtasks in my work. I don't put due dates on the parents, but I do on sub-tasks.

When I filter the tasks on my phone, I leave sub-tasks nested so I'm not flooding with a zillion items that don't need action right then. Unfortunately, that completely hides the sub-tasks that are due in my hotlist.

One option would be to save the folder settings for each folder. For example, I could choose to view my business items folder with subtasks nested, but my hotlist with subtasks inline (which would show those that were due). As it is, all folders are using the same filter settings.

Ideally, and this is a much-wished-for item on the website as well, sub-tasks with the closest due date would apply their due setting to the due date of the parent.

Appigo's Todo app handles this very well. Unfortunately, they have sync issues that are enough to keep me searching for the best todo app.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 15, 2011
Yes, this is something that we plan to address in a future update.
Paul

Posted: Aug 16, 2011
Also, if you're displaying a sub-task that is due, it'd be handy to have the parent task in smaller text underneath, so I didn't have to open the sub-task and scroll down to see which parent it belonged to.

Thanks!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.