ForumsQuestionsRepeating Task/Subtasks and Pocket Informant

Repeating Task/Subtasks and Pocket Informant
garner.paul

Posted: Aug 31, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

Here's what I want to achieve, but am failing at the moment.

I want a daily task (that relies on say 5 subtasks).

For example:

Main Task: Morning Routine
Subtasks: Wake Up, Brush Teeth, Go for Run

The way I have it set at the moment is that the main task and all subtasks are a repeating event. When I go into "Morning Routine" I can see the three subtasks there. If I click to complete "Wake Up", the next day's "Wake Up" appears and therefore I can never complete "Morning Routine". If I click to complete "Morning Routine" a new version of it appears with no subtasks and the original is still there.

Where am I going wrong??

Thanks
alexandremrj_2

Repeating Tasks with Subtasks

If you have a task that is set to repeat and this task contains subtasks, those subtasks may or may not get carried forward depending on your settings. To have a subtask carried forward when you complete a repeating parent task, you must set the subtask to repeat in some fashion. Subtasks have an additional repeating option of "With Parent" which can be used when you only want to complete a subtask once within each occurrence of the parent task. Subtasks that do not repeat are considered to be one-time tasks that will not be carried forward when you complete the parent task.

Hope it helps, you can read more here: http://www.toodledo.com/info/subtasks.php
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Make the subtasks repeat "with parent" and have the parent task repeat "daily".
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.