ForumsQuestionsMS Outlook Journal

MS Outlook Journal
conanw

Posted: Aug 31, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
brand spanking new IPHONE toodledo user, with synch for outlook, which I used for everything... i have considerable journal entries that i used as a diary for reference...how can I use toodledo to do the same thing? tks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 1 Reference
This is a perfect use for the Notebook section of our website and iPhone app. You should be able to export from Outlook in a CSV file so you can import all of your existing reference material into Toodledo.
conanw

but, it looks like I can't import into a specific folder..? or move all my notes to a folder at same time, without opening individually...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 01, 2011
This is correct. Unless the folder is set in the CSV file, you will need to manually set the folders after importing.
conanw

Posted: Sep 01, 2011
how do i set the folder in the csv?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 02, 2011
You can open the CSV file in Excel and make a column for folder and then put in the folder names.
conanw

ok, that's very powerful for us that have lots of entries...now if I could do the same thing for "date" column, those will not map...as far as I can tell...thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You can do the same thing for any column.
conanw

when i put a "date" column on csv and import, there is not a corresponding date pull-down in toodledo to map to...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We have two types of dates. Due-date and start-date.
conanw

Posted: Sep 04, 2011
thanks for all the help... due date comes up as a field in tasks, but not when importing notes...?
JPR

Posted: Sep 04, 2011
If your notebook is empty create at least one entry and then export to csv using the "CSV Notebook Export" > "Download CSV file" link. Then open the csv file and you will see the column names and formats: TITLE,FOLDER,ADDED,MODIFIED,NOTE
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 05, 2011
Also, notebook entries do not have due-dates.
conanw

Posted: Sep 07, 2011
JPR--- the headings including (added, modified) are there when I export, but they do not come up on pull-down list of headings when importing csv

Admin--- understand, no due dates
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 07, 2011
It is not possible to import the added/modified dates. These will be reset to the current date when the task is imported.
conanw

Posted: Sep 18, 2011
thanks all.. .subject closed
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.