ForumsQuestionsDeleting + Repeats

Deleting + Repeats
jeffsa1

Posted: Sep 02, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I'm new to Toodledo and have some questions.
I searched the forum and FAQ but coudnt find answers that helped me.

? Lets say I have a task that repeats daily. If I complete it today, do I just delete? Will it automatically appear tomorrow?

? whats the least-effort way to delete completed tasks?

? If I dont complete a task today and want to move it to next week it appears to require a multi-step pointing and clicking process. Is there a way to drag-drop the task onto the new due date, maybe a third party app? If not, what procedure is most efficient for changing dates?

Thanks in advance;
Jeff
Folke X

No, don't delete it - just check off the checkbox on the left.

If you actually want to erase it off the system completely, you can click the other little icon on the left and choose Delete.

No drag-and-drop, but you don't need that for this purpose. If you have set the task to repeat weekly, it will do so automaticaly when you check it off. So in your case, if you didn't do the task this week, you could simply check it off anyway, and it will autorepeat next week. Or there are other settings available to, e.g. conditional repeat etc. - see the help section.

This message was edited Sep 02, 2011.
jeffsa1

Thanks for the quick and nice reply.

? Lets say that I have a task set for today only, not repeating.

I decide that I want to reschedule it for Sept 21. Whats the easiest way to do this?

Jeff
Folke X

Just change the due date.

Comment:

From a general point of view, my advice would be to use due dates only when they have a "real" external meaning, usually relating to other people.

For your own purely personal scheduling I would advise you to use some other variable. As for myself, I use Status for this purpose (always - even if the task also happens to have a due date). Others use Priority, or even Context, Goal or any of the other variables to set up their "queue".

By using this kind of "relative" timing you don't have to constantly readjust the dates - you just process your "queue" (your "pipeline"; your "ladder"). The only changes you need to do is occasionally move items up or down the "ladder".

This message was edited Sep 02, 2011.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.