ForumsQuestionsSSL Errors

SSL Errors
RobotGizmo

Posted: Jan 16, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
In IE7 I get a warning that page content is unencrypted every time I load the page. And no, I can't disable that setting - the computer is locked down. Also, whenever I download a file attachment from a task I get a certificate warning saying it's from the wrong domain. Pretty much the only reason I upgraded to Pro was for the SSL support, and the implementation seems to be horribly broken. I was just wondering if there are any plans to fix the SSL certificate errors?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 17, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Yes, we do hope to make the errors go away, but you should know that your data is secure. IE7 is overly paranoid.

The warning is because we don't encrypt the Toodledo logo and other images. Encrypting the images would cause the webpage to load slower, and uses extra resources on our server which we don't have right now. We are upgrading our infrastructure so that we will have the extra resources to waste on encrypting images, to get rid of the warning.

The reason the file attachments return an error is because they are transfered from a different server (userdata.toodledo.com) and since this is different from www.toodledo.com, IE7 complains. We are trying to figure this one out.

We do encrypt all of your data, including the file attachments.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.