ForumsQuestionsSetting repeating subtasks relative to main task

Setting repeating subtasks relative to main task
jessesteinke

Posted: Oct 13, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I've been searching for a way to set repeating subtasks based off the repeating main task due date and haven't found anything.

I'm a company commander in the reserves and each month we have drill on a certain weekend, which varies due to holidays and other issues. Based upon that date, there are 30+ sub tasks that need to be completed based on that date.

A couple instances is 2 Tuesdays before and the Thursday after drill is a conference call, certain things need to be done before the weekend, some things need to be done during the weekend and others shortly after the drill, all based upon the main tasks's due date.

Currently I need to reset the due date of each subtask every month and it's a bit of a pain.
alexandremrj_2

Posted: Oct 13, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
If you have a task that is set to repeat and this task contains subtasks, those subtasks may or may not get carried forward depending on your settings. To have a subtask carried forward when you complete a repeating parent task, you must set the subtask to repeat in some fashion. Subtasks have an additional repeating option of "With Parent" which can be used when you only want to complete a subtask once within each occurrence of the parent task. Subtasks that do not repeat are considered to be one-time tasks that will not be carried forward when you complete the parent task.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.