ForumsQuestionsiPhone Dial from Task

iPhone Dial from Task
Alex

Posted: Jan 23, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I was wondering if there is a way to have phone numbers that appear in a task to be 'live' or clickable so that I can dial, on my iPhone right from the task?

Is it a matter of formatting?

Thanks in advance - Alex

This message was edited Jan 23, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We hope to add this functionality soon.

Thanks
Alex

Excellent!

Wonderful software by the way. I've tried so many before happily choosing Toodledo!
peterjones

Posted: Feb 24, 2009
Any chance of getting the aforementioned functionality sometime soon? It is soooo useful. Appigo's implementation of this feature works well... it is really important for me to be able to be able to make calls "automatically" from the app when accessing my "Calls" folder.

Is "Task Type: Call" difficult to implement?

Great software and great service. Please, please, please find a way to implement this.

Thanks
scottnwdw

Posted: Feb 25, 2009
I love the five "types" of tasks that Appigo's ToDo app uses.

Call a Contact, lets you choose a contact name, type in a phone number or create a contact and it then has a link in the todo item. Then from the task you can choose the link and the phone app dials the number.

Email a Contact does something similar but brings up the email app with the contact's email address already filled in.

Visit a location wlll bring up a map to the location. You can choose/create a contact, enter an address, or use your current location

Visit a website has you type in the websites name. Then when you need to do the task, a link is there.

The fifth choice is "Normal" whic is just a normal task screen where you type in all the information necessary without the links etc.

If Toodledo had these features it would pull ahead of ToDo by leaps and bounds.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 25, 2009
Thanks for the suggestions.
lorn.clancey

Posted: May 27, 2009
How's the progress on being able to dial from the task list?
Anders

Posted: May 27, 2009
With the next update you will be able to do it in the Note field.
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/1894/-9032/call-contact-from-task.html
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 28, 2009
Auto-detection of phone numbers and links in the note is built into iPhone OS 3.0, so when Apple releases their update (hopefully in June), it will work with our new update, which should be out by then too.
Jonathan

Posted: Aug 21, 2009
Locations for tasks would rock! I would love to see relevant tasks based on my current location and routing suggestions if I have multiple errands to run.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.