ForumsQuestionsmultiple accounts

multiple accounts
Pastor Randy

Posted: Oct 31, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

I have a couple of us that want to share viewing accounts. Actually, I need to view their accounts, they don't need to view mine.

What is the best strategy for this on the desktop? On a smartphone?

Thanks!

--Randy Starkey
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 31, 2011
This can be done with our sharing tools on this website. Collaboration is not yet available via mobile, but this is one of our top priorities.

Here is some info about sharing: http://www.toodledo.com/info/sharing.php
Billy Preston

Posted: Nov 02, 2011
OK. Also, I am trying several of my staff TD accts open in different browser tabs, and it seems TD gets confused and shifts to differetn users in different tabs. How can i fix this? FF7. Thanks!
Billy Preston

As a follow up, are any browser command line params allowed to login? Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Only one user can be signed in at a time in one web browser. You cannot have two different users signed in on different tabs.

I don't know what you mean by "browser command line params"
david_1320266480

This has been a top priority for almost 3 years!!! This almost defeats the purpose of sharing.....
Pastor Randy

Are there some technical issues with more than one account in tabs? Is the only alternative to have several independent browser windows open?

Command line parameters = where you can specify a login name and pwd on the command line in a URL and it simply opens your account. The command line parameters would allow you to say put a FF bookmark on your toolbar for several various accounts. They could open in tabs. Or, desktop shortcuts that would open in independent windows.

comments?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 03, 2011
Toodledo (like almost all websites) uses cookies to store your login information in your browser. A cookie persists across all tabs that are open, so only 1 account can be signed in at a time in a single browser. You will need to use multiple browsers if you really need to this.

For security reasons, it is not possible to put the login credentials inside the url and login automatically via bookmark.
Pastor Randy

Ok on the browser.

On the URL parameters, it's security only on my end. It would be at my risk. Once logged in the info disappears.

Many secure programs allow this. Because once you are logged in it becomes the same URL as it would be if you logged in manually. The exposure of the URL is the users problem, not yours. You would only be offering it as a feature. with HTTPS: it's secure anyway. No different than putting a sticky on your monitor with your credentials. It's the user's problem/choice.

I have a calendar app that is used by fortune 500's that allows this.

So please consider. Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Ok, we will consider it.
Pastor Randy

Posted: Nov 04, 2011
Thanks! :-)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.