ForumsQuestionsUnintended, unannounced logout

Unintended, unannounced logout
sabrecat

Posted: Nov 04, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Hi all,

Within the last few days, I've started seeing an irritating issue. I complete some tasks, then hit R to refresh, and nothing happens. Poke around however I might, the completed tasks don't drop off the list. So my next attempt is doing a browser-based refresh... upon which I am returned to the Toodledo login screen. When I sign back in, I discover the tasks I'd tried to complete were not in fact completed.

Sometimes, a similar issue occurs when I'm adding tasks. In that case, I get an error message that oops, that action was unable to be completed. But the symptoms thereafter are the same: can't accomplish anything until refresh, which kicks me out to login.

I recently added the "Tags" column--that's the only recent change I've made to my own use of the site. Has anyone else seen this?
sabrecat

Went ahead and opened a support ticket. Still curious if I'm the only one tripping over this sort of thing...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If you are returned to the login screen when you refresh the page, then it means that you were signed out. This would explain why the task wasn't completed. You need to be signed in to perform actions on your account. This could happen if you leave your browser open for a long time, or if you have plugins or virus checkers that modified browser cookies.
sabrecat

Posted: Nov 14, 2011
Any idea what the threshold is for "open a long time"? Or is there any way to disable such logouts? That seems like a dubious feature for a task list that, ideally, I'll leave open all day. Some sites let you say "I'm using a private computer" to turn off these well-meaning but obnoxious security precautions.

I wonder why this only started being a problem for me recently... :\
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 14, 2011
If you check the "remember me" checkbox when signing in, it will keep you signed in for 1 week before asking you to sign in again. If you are getting more frequent sign in requests it is because you didn't click the checkbox, or because you have some browser plugin or security software that is interfering.
sabrecat

Posted: Nov 15, 2011
Must have been some recent change to browser settings or security policy for Internet Explorer. Switching over to Firefox for Toodledo seems to have straightened it out. Thanks!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.