ForumsQuestions"Unused" account expiring

"Unused" account expiring
todo

Posted: Nov 05, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I just received an email that said "You have not used your Toodledo.com account in over a year. In 30 days, we will be deleting your unused account to free up space."

The thing is, I've used Toodledo almost every day - but not directly on the web site but through a third party app on the iPhone that syncs with Toodledo.

So thanks for notifying before deleting the account, but I think you should use some more accurate method of checking whether an account is actually unused than just looking at the last login to the web site.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 07, 2011
To maintain the website account, you need to use it once a year. If you never use the website, then you probably don't need to be syncing with it.
todo

Posted: Nov 29, 2011
Sorry about the late reply, just noticed this.

The thing is that I'm using Toodledo as intermediary to sync between apps on multiple devices. I have an app on the iPad, iPhone and the Mac, so every time I make a todo item it syncs to Toodledo. When I use another device it fetches the item so all of them stay in sync. Another reason I do the sync is that it's a backup in case I lose the phone, for example.

I totally understand if you don't want people to use Toodledo as a backup/sync tool only, but there is a real use for syncin without using the website. Disabling the "unused" account would disable the sync (and backup) features. If it's against the TOS or something I can start using another service, just let me know.

This message was edited Nov 29, 2011.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 29, 2011
It is ok to use Toodledo as a backup/sync for your devices, but you will need to sign into the website once a year to maintain this setup. You can create a yearly task on your Toodledo list to remind you about this. It should only take 1 minute per year to do this.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.