ForumsQuestionsHow to manage repeating tasks without cluttering list

How to manage repeating tasks without cluttering list
steve.judkins

Posted: Nov 18, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I'd like to set up repeating tasks like paying a bill every month, but I don't want to see the permanent task cluttering the task list I use daily. What I want is for the instance coming due that month to begin showing the day of reminder through the time it is due or when I check it off the list. Ideally I could choose an option to have it's priority rise to the top during that period as well. Is this a feature you have considered adding? The only option I see is to hide tasks more than a month in the future - but that isn't helpful here.
PeterW 

Posted: Nov 18, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
If you add a start date to your repeating task, the task won't display in your list until that date. When the task is completed and regenerates, the start date will be moved forward to match.

From the Help file:
How do I use the start date field?

You can use the start date field to specify when a project or event begins. This is useful if you have a task that cannot be completed ahead of time, and that you don't want to be reminded about until the specified start date has arrived. Any task with a start date more than 1 day in the future will be hidden from your list until the date arrives. You can always reveal these hidden tasks by turning off the "Hide Future Tasks" filter under the "Show" button in the toolbar above your list. The start date will move forward along with the due date when a task repeats.
steve.judkins

Posted: Nov 19, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Thank you, exactly what I wanted.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.