ForumsQuestionsContexted folder

Contexted folder
olivier.toupin

Posted: Nov 22, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I like the new context thingy, BUT for now it's useless to my opinion. Different context, have task that should be but in different folder. Like for context Work I would have Project #1, Project #2, with task in it. If I go to folder I see all my folder, there no way to filter by folder. That bad because at work I should be distracted by my personnal struff, and vice-versa.

Also, I would see context, like a global switch, not a per view switch. Personnal, I see only Personnal, Work I see only work, for the moment I use two account one for work, one for personnal to get them separated.

Any idea how I could do that with the current implementation?
What do you think?
Salgud

Posted: Nov 22, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
"there no way to filter by folder"

Not correct. If you go to the Folders view, you'll see all your folders listed, and you can select the one you want to see.

Further, if you go to the Search view, you can create all kinds of custom searches, including searches that use Folder as a criteria.

Most of us use Context to separate our personal from our work tasks. (BTW, Context isn't new, it's been a feature for years) And we use Saved Searches to do it. I suggest you look for Searches in the Help screens as a starting point, then search the forums. There are many interesting and enlightening threads about how to use filters and/or Saved Searches to get what you want. If you can't get what you want with TD, you probably can't get it at all.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.