ForumsQuestionsHow to display "Folders" as tabs

How to display "Folders" as tabs
Pinky

Posted: Nov 29, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,
I'm new to Toodledo and in the past 2 days, I've been reviewing posts, youtube tutuorials etc to get setup and going. My question... How do I get the "folders" I've created to show up as Tabs across the top of the screen? I see many people asking for the left column list view but that's all I have. I've looked though the Settings and can't figure it out. The only "tabs" I have, by default, are "Tasks" and "Notebook". These display no matter which view I'm in.

Just FYI, I'm using/setting up ToodleDo to work as a GTD system for my business and personal task management.

Thanks in advance!
Laura
Jake

Toodledo Founder
There is not a way to get folders as tabs across the top of the screen. They only appear along the left side.
Pinky

Thanks for your reply. So, then how and when do Tabs show up accross the top? If they are not Folders, then what would they be? I am try to set up TD as a GTD system with Folders for Projects, Waiting For, Actions etc..

I've read many forum posts but am still not clear how to do this.

Thannks again!

This message was edited Nov 29, 2011.
Purveyor

The "tabs" are down the left side of the screen.
There's "Main", with various subsections.
And you can use Folder, Context, Goal, Due-Date, Priority, Tag, Status, and Location, if these fields are configured as available in Settings:
http://www.toodledo.com/account_edit.php?edit=8

This message was edited Nov 29, 2011.
PeterW 

Posted by Pinky:
So, then how and when do Tabs show up accross the top? If they are not Folders, then what would they be? I am try to set up TD as a GTD system with Folders for Projects, Waiting For, Actions etc..

You've probably seen images and read details in older posts about how Toodledo used to look. The design up until the middle of this year had tabs across the top for each of the views.

The current website design removed the tabs from the top and put them on the left hand side, where they appear now more like navigation bar selections.

No functionality has been removed, it's just that the interface was redesigned.
Pinky

Posted: Dec 01, 2011
Posted by PeterW:
Posted by Pinky:
So, then how and when do Tabs show up accross the top? If they are not Folders, then what would they be? I am try to set up TD as a GTD system with Folders for Projects, Waiting For, Actions etc..

You've probably seen images and read details in older posts about how Toodledo used to look. The design up until the middle of this year had tabs across the top for each of the views.

The current website design removed the tabs from the top and put them on the left hand side, where they appear now more like navigation bar selections.

No functionality has been removed, it's just that the interface was redesigned.

Thanks PeterW!
This clarifies a lot for me. I was looking at posts and tutorials online and they DID show the tabs accross the top. This is helpful, thanks. I thought I was doing something wrong.

Note to TD: It would be great if you had a more robust Tutorial or video demos available. I think the software is very useful and powerful but challenging to get started.
thanks again.
Salgud

Posted: Dec 02, 2011
@Pinky

Note to TD: It would be great if you had a more robust Tutorial or video demos available. I think the software is very useful and powerful but challenging to get started.
thanks again.

The instructional videos definitely need updating.

TD can be a bit overwhelming at first. Someone gave me some good advice when I was learning it, which was to start out with just those fields you really have to have, get used to the TD interface and get down the basics, then add more fields slowly, 1 or 2 at a time, until you get to where you want to be. Worked for me.

This message was edited Dec 02, 2011.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.