ForumsQuestionsAudit iCal Public Link Access? (since notifications suck)

Audit iCal Public Link Access? (since notifications suck)
Todo-USER

Posted: Nov 30, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Ok, so lets face it Toodledo integration with Notification Center on iOS5 sucks. I can't really get it to work at all.

The iCal sync works great and gets the stuff on to my notification center properly. But I don't my stuff being wide open on a public link,I know the link is secret but still it's risky.

Is there a place where I can view hits to this address to make sure its not being abused?

What are the chances we get proper integration with the NC?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We already have proper integration with the notification center via Remote Push Alerts.

http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=137
Todo-USER

It doesn't really do anything for me. I don't need a reminder a few minutes before the event (which is all I've been able to make it do).

I need to be able to look at the notification screens and see the next up coming tasks for today and future.

What am I doing wrong?
Todo-USER

Do I need to set an alarm to happen 1 day before on all my tasks to make this work the way I expect it to? Another benefit of iCal was that completed tasks disappeared when they were complete. This just seems wrong, I'm not even looking to have Alert's on these items, I simply want a quick way to view upcoming tasks in the notification center.
Todo-USER

Yeah, from what I gather this just wont work for me, I think someone else in the other thread has the same issue. How disappointing this is. :(

Any change you implement the audition of the iCal url ? This should be something pretty easy to do and you already offer this for other aspects of the program. I'd gladly go pro for this...

This message was edited Nov 30, 2011.
Todo-USER

Posted: Dec 01, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
Also, I see that Calendar Sync on iPhone does allow for both SSL and a Authentication. Can you just enable authentication and then every thing is resolved? :)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 01, 2011
We will look into all of these things.

Thanks
Todo-USER

Posted: Feb 21, 2012
Any progress on this? Please.
cpr

Posted: Jun 10, 2012
+1 for authentication support for the ICS urls.

(RTM supports this since a long time ...)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.