ForumsQuestionsPrint task list in Google calendar

Print task list in Google calendar
bartlett.jason

Posted: Feb 03, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Is it possible to have tasks printed in Google Calendar? It does put in a box that says "Task for Feb 2" but doesn't list the tasks due that day (or any tasks).

I know I can print the list from Toodledo, but I want to have the day or week agenda and tasks on paper so I can carry it with me on one or two pages - rather than two different documents.

I got the same results with Toodledo and RTM so I'm thinking it is a Google Calendar problem. I'm posting the queation hear because this is more active forum and I thought I'd have better chnace at getting an answer - the Google forums seems to be a graveyard for unanswered questions.

TIA.

Jason...
Alisa

If you subscribe to the iCal for Google Calendar then it sets up a separate calendar for Toodledo timed and dated tasks. In Toodledo click connections and then scroll down to iCal and select Google Calendar. There are further instructions there.

In Google Calendar you would then highlight the Toodledo calendar to display with any other calendars you have.

Just a warning that any dated untimed tasks will show up at the top of your calendar. I made the mistake of putting a large number of untimed subtasks on my list and now they are all separated from their parent on my Google Calendar. Ideally I would like to just have my parent task display at a specific time. Even when I didn't have a date associated with the sub-tasks they showed up in Google.

I wonder if there is a way to exclude the sub-tasks from showing up?

Good Luck
bartlett.jason

Alisa:

Thanks for the help with the iCal sync. I now have my tasks showing in the printable Google Calendar.

There is one issue with it though. It doesn't move incomplete tasks ahead to today, they show on the due date even if it is in the past. For example: I have an incomplete task due Jan 30th. In the Toodledo list it shows in today's task list, but in the iCal calendar it shows on Jan 30th only (not today).

Any ideas on how to get it roll-ahead incomplete tasks to today?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Sorry, but it isn't possible to automatically roll-ahead incomplete tasks to today. We may support this in a future update.
bartlett.jason

Toodledo

Thanks for the definitive response.

I hope that roll-ahead on incomplete tasks via iCal does get implemented. Sometimes there is no substitute for a printed calendar and task list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.