ForumsQuestionsNote email or export ?

Note email or export ?
techykid

Posted: Dec 28, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

When I try to email a task, is it possible to send the note also along with it ?

I have written detailed notes for certain tasks, for which I want to have a email backup. Right now the only way seems to be copy/paste.

Even the export feature is not including the note.

Thanks!
PeterW 

Are you talking about the Notes field in the task?

When I email a task, the Notes field is automatically included along with all other fields.
techykid

Yeah it happens in the iPhone app. But not from the website.

Also when I email a task it would be good if all sub-tasks with notes also can be sent together. I guess this would be a simple thing to implement.
techykid

Just now tested and it seems if the note has less than 200 characters it is included in the email. Notes which have more than 200-250 characters are not included. May be a bug or some hard limit.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Because of the way that the "mailto" link works, and the way that the internet was designed, only a limited amount of data can be transferred from a website to your email program, so we only include the note if we have space to include it.
techykid

Posted: Dec 30, 2011
Thanks for the info.
Since mail from iphone works fine, I am happy with that.

I actually customized like this to get an automatic email backup.
1) Toodledo rss feed -> 2) Yahoo pipes (filter for tasks with notes) -> 3) Feedmyinbox.com -> 4) Gmail (Label and Archive).

That's what I love about toodledo. You always have multiple options to suit your needs.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.