ForumsQuestionsLet History be Free!

Let History be Free!
Philippe

Posted: Feb 03, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I recently began using Toodledo in conjunction with Todo for the iPhone, a combination that I find works very well. However, yesterday I logged on and tried to find a list of tasks I'd completed since I began using your service, and I found out that I would have to upgrade in order to access them. Now, it's completely within your right to charge your users for your more advanced features. But, in my opinion, my history of completed tasks isn't a feature. It's simply data that I've created. By forcing me to upgrade in order to view it, you're holding my data for ransom. I just don't think that's kosher.

Many web services have the philosophy that the user's data is the user's and they should be able to do with it what they please, even export it to use on another service. This way the user is never locked-in because they can't retrieve their data. You even have the option to export data, which is one of the reasons I chose to use your service. Why, then, would you charge me to view or export my completed tasks? I don't believe that bandwidth or storage space is really a consideration, since completed tasks are just text information, and will probably never exceed the size of a single hi-res photo.

To me the ability to view my completed taks is important information--I need to see what I've completed and when for any given project, so I can track my progress. I believe it's a basic function of a todo manager, not an advanced feature. Put up an ad on the history page if you must, but please let me see what I've accomplished!

Would you consider letting History be free?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.