ForumsQuestionsHow to Hide Notes?

How to Hide Notes?
separ8r

Posted: Jan 10, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
I'm a new user, and I have tried to find this answer in previous posts and the online help, but without success.

How do I keep the "notes" for each task hidden? I have at least a line or two of notes for most tasks, and of course when I create a task via the e-mail option, which I am using a lot, the entire text of the e-mail is in the notes field by default. When I'm looking at my task list, I can't see more than a few tasks if all of the notes are showing, and I have to scroll like crazy to get through even a modest list of tasks.

I can close the notes manually by clicking the icon, but every time I re-sort the task list, or change the view, they re-open. This is very annoying, indeed a fatal flaw if it can't be changed, so I suspect there must be a way to have the notes fields remain closed by default, but I can't find it.

Very much appreciate any assistance.

Thanks!
Salgud

Look at the dark blue bar near the top, just to the left of the "Multi-Edit" button, are 4 buttons, the left-most of these is "Hide/Show" button. That's the one!
separ8r

Ah! I had been searching for something abiout "notes" - that button says "details" - but yes indeed, it does hide the notes.

Thanks!
PeterW 

Posted by separ8r:
Ah! I had been searching for something abiout "notes" - that button says "details" - but yes indeed, it does hide the notes.

Yes, it's a bit of a trap. The reason that button is called "Details" is because if you run Toodledo in "multi-line mode", most of the fields are hidden from view and this button displays them along with the notes field.
cal.habig

Posted: Apr 05, 2012
Thank you so much. This has been VERY frustrating to me and it seems to have just begun in the past month. Such a simple solution!! Thanks again.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.