ForumsQuestionsCannot perform multiple deletions or de-duplication

Cannot perform multiple deletions or de-duplication
User1317436524

Posted: Jan 16, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
I have created a new account but not entered any tasks. My initial display reports that it is limited to 2000 displayed tasks. They are all "Visit your Account Settings section and configure your account.", except one saying to enter some tasks in Toodledo. All of the tasks are dated 2011-09-26 to 28 as far as I can see.

When I use search with the above quoted topic it finds 10000 duplicate tasks. Deleting them individually is out of the question.

The only Android app on my phone that syncs with Toodledo is DGT GTD. It only shows 1024 tasks, between 26 and 30 September, so there is some discordance between the app and the web interface.

When I attempt to delete using MultiEdit, checking the delete box and attempting to mark yes in the dropdown, the display immediately twitches without letting me select yes, and reports that it will only delete 500 at a time, but it does not actually delete any.

Same problem, Chrome and Firefox browsers, Ubuntu Linux 11.04.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The problem is with the "DGT GTD" app that you are running. It is syncing incorrectly and making many duplicates. Please contact the company that makes this app for assistance with this problem. Once you have resolved the syncing problem, you can us the multi-edit (500 at a time) or you can go into your account settings and delete everything to start from scratch.

The next time you setup a 3rd party app, I highly recommend that you make a backup first: http://www.toodledo.com/tools/connect_backup.php
User1317436524

Is this a known problem with DGT GTD? I have searched for same without finding. This just seems so peculiar and massive that I'm surprised not to find reports. I've been fiddling with this for a long time trying to find something. Just thought to post today.

Anyway, I do have backup, but thanks for the good advice for any who may read this. I always back up before installing new stuff.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 17, 2012
We have received a few other reports of this happening with DGT GTD, so it may be a common occurrence. I don't know.
User1317436524

Thanks for acknowledging that this may have been seen before. I'm seeking confirmation that it is a known and fixed bug from the developer.

To the other point, can you shed any light on the reason that I can check the box for delete, but cannot select "Yes" in the MultiEdit drop-down menu to start the deletions? As soon as I open the menu it triggered the message about 500 deletions, but judging by no reduction in the message count, did not delete even one? For now I have simply purged all messages to start over, but it may become an issue again at some time.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I don't have an explanation for why you can check the checkbox but not select "Yes" from the multi-edit dropbox for delete. I just tested this and it worked for me. Perhaps try a different web browser and see if that helps?
thematto_1341737097

Posted: Jul 08, 2012
I am thinking of switching over from rtm but I have this exact same problem on fedora with chrome and firefox. I also tested in "incognito" with no browser extensions.

This makes toodledo pretty unusable for large numbers of tasks on my favourite platform...

Suggestions?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 09, 2012
It is probably an issue with linux and your browser. We do not test our website on linux because it is such a small fraction of our users. Can you test this on a mac or pc and see if the same thing happens?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.