ForumsQuestionsIs there anyway to respond to tasks that were added by email?

Is there anyway to respond to tasks that were added by email?
LaurieAnn

Posted: Jan 19, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
We have been using our gmail as a task 'to-do' list for way too long. This is definitely not an efficient way to do business. My inbox is overloaded and I've created so many labels now it's just a mess!
So, now that we've upgraded to ProPlus version and have learned that we can email tasks to ourselves, things are starting to look a little brighter.
I'm not sure if this is the best way to be doing things, but now we will go through our gmail and forward any emails that are actionable to our unique toodledo addresses. This is very helpful, considering that it also brings along any attachments the email may have, as well as, the contents of the email are in the notes section of the task.
However, if the email was something that needed to be replied to, is the only way of doing so by going back to gmail and attempting to locate the original email to respond? I was hoping that by forwarding the emails I would no longer have to keep the original in my gmail. A big problem for us is the overwhelming number of emails we receive daily and the history of emails that we are still trying to sort through. We would love to clear the inbox out and just be able to stay on top of it from now on.
Any tips or suggestions would be a HUGE help!
Thanks!!
PeterW 

Posted: Jan 19, 2012
There is no facility in Toodledo to respond to emails that you've forwarded to your task list.

At work I use Outlook 2010 on Windows 7 which has quite a powerful search tool built in. So I just file incoming emails that I have forwarded to Toodledo and know that I can quickly find the email again by searching for a small string of text or the subject when I need to reply. GMail has a fairly robust search engine built in so you could do the same.

One thing to be aware of with your Pro-plus subscription... Toodledo requires unique file names for attachments, so if you are forwarding lots of emails in and an attachment has the same name as one that already exists in a previous email, the older one will be overwritten.
JPR

Posted: Jan 20, 2012
A great feature of gmail is that all your messages have a permanent web address until you delete them. When you are viewing a gmail message in your browser you can copy the address and paste it into a Toodledo task note. As long as you don't delete the message, that link will work even if you remove it from the inbox (archive) or label or star it... just don't delete.

I find it much easier to deal with gmail messages in gmail, rather than in the note of a task. YMMV.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.