ForumsQuestionsSyncing subtasks w 2Do (Pro Subscr.)

Syncing subtasks w 2Do (Pro Subscr.)
_Mac

Posted: Jan 24, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Hi
Looking for a QUICK answer on this, hence the comprehensive info below.

# My questions:
a) Do I need to have set up a Pro account BEFORE I do my first sync from my iPhone & 2Do app, to get all the attached subtasks synced ok (transferring my 2Do "Projects")?

b) Do I now need to delete the content of my Toodledo account (now PRO acc) and sync again from 2Do, to get over all my "projects" + it's subtasks? Or is it just not possible.

c) Is there maybe a setting in the Pro account, that will show my subtasks (imported before Pro account)?

# Here's what I did:
1) Started a free Toodledo account.
2) In my iPhone & 2Do app > setup syncing with Toodledo.
3) All tasks synked ok EXCEPT all my subtasks.
This is essential that this works due to the fact that I have a lot of "Projects" in the 2Do app with a lot of subtasks attached.
4) After a while discoverd that you need a PRO account on Toodledo to have / manage subtask.
5) Got the free 7 day PRO trial account to test subtasks.
6) Still not showing my subtasks...

# Background:
I do love the iPhone 2Do app but it's really missing a Mac counterpart application. Because of this I'm now testing Toodledo.com to see if I should use it + the iOS app 2Do + Toodledo online to be able to handle tasks on my Mac as well.
Or maybe go back to my old solution with OmniFocus (on both iOS + Mac + iCloud).

Thank's for your help, tips & advice :-)
// Peter

This message was edited Jan 24, 2012.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 24, 2012
This is a question better suited for 2Do, since this is a 3rd party app. My guess, is that you will need to upgrade to Pro first, and then delete all of the tasks from Toodledo to get a clean slate (use the link at the bottom of your account settings) and then sync again from 2Do.
_Mac

Posted: Jan 25, 2012
Hi Admin
Thank's for answering.

Done that (upgraded to Pro + deleted old data + synced again) and TD does still not import the the subtasks + subtask notes . They are present in 2Do app and the task notes are present in TD. Also when exporting via text the tasks (and subtasks) notes are lost to.

Also tried this;
- http://2doapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=76769
- http://2doapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=77131

And it still does not work. Guess I have to manually copy data from TD to OmniFocus and then create new subtasks. So much for TD's;
"It's your to-do list, so you should be able to take it with you."

One again the user is "dropped" between suppliers it seems, since 2Do points to TD with;
- "It has to do with meta-date left behind while you were using the basic version of ToodleDo. "
and TD points to 2Do...

Has ANYONE successfully transferred all data from the 2Do app to TD? If so, please tell me how.

This message was edited Jan 25, 2012.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 25, 2012
I'll check on the metadata thing, but I am pretty sure that the "delete all data" option deletes everything.

You could try making a new Toodledo account with a different email address and try importing into there.

I am sorry for passing the buck, but 3rd party apps are responsible for syncing correctly. We have no way to get the subtask information out of the apps if they don't give it to us.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.