ForumsQuestionsHiding future tasks on the iPad app and new BETA mobile website

Hiding future tasks on the iPad app and new BETA mobile website
Alister Cruickshanks

Posted: Feb 06, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
I have many tasks that I setup to reoccur at various intervals. Once I complete these tasks they then reoccur as a future task. Some are weekly, monthly or even yearly.

On the main website you can change th default setting for future tasks to hide unless it Is on the actual day (0 days showing of future tasks). But on the iPhone and iPad app and also on the new BETA mobile website there doesn't appear to be a way of changing th default of future tasks.

The consequence is I have a huge list of over 30 tasks that I don't want to be displayed that are due shortly. I want these tasks to only show up on the day they are due.

Does anyone know of a way to do this as It is very frustrating on the iPad app!

Many thanks
alister
Purveyor

There's a Help topic for that. ;)

How do I filter and sort tasks on iOS?.[/quote]
Alister Cruickshanks

The filter doesn't work for tasks with a start date less than 30 days sadly. That's the problem, even enabled they all still show up.

Alister
Purveyor

Which filter doesn't work?

The "Hide Future Tasks" filter will hide tasks that have a Start Date that is more than 1 day in the future.
Alister Cruickshanks

Posted: Feb 07, 2012
The "Hide Future Tasks" Filter on the Ipad/Iphone App still shows all the tasks up to 30 days, so it doesn't work.

Do you think this is because of a bug since I set Due Dates as well as Start dates on the same task as the same day?
Alister Cruickshanks

I just tested that theory. I left the Start Date on my tasks and removed all the Due Dates for the same tasks.

Went back into the App and refreshed and they are still all showing up inspite of the filter "hide future tasks" being enabled.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Can you please provide an example of a start-date/due-date combination that is not being hidden when the "hide future tasks" filter is in place?
Alister Cruickshanks

Yes, I have many but for example, I have a task;

"Check currency prices" - start date 9th feb 2012 - due date 9th feb 2012

The filter is set to hide future tasks but it still shows up. I have tasks due for tomorrow, next week and two weeks time and all of them show up.

I have been playing around and decided to try and remove the due dates and to be honest it doesn't make any difference, so it appears as though it is not connected to the combination.

After Changing all my tasks to have no due dates but only start dates in the future, then all still show up.

I View my list always by folder with the filter always enabled

Alister
Alister Cruickshanks

Additional:

Been playing around again, and it appear tasks ONLY over 30 days are hidden when the hide future tasks is enabled . Tasks less than 30 days is shown.

When the hide future tasks filter is turned to "show all" then all tasks including those over 30 .days are also shown

Alister
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I was not able to reproduce this error. I created a new task with a start date and due date of Feb 9th as you suggested. I then applied the "future tasks" filter on both m.toodledo.com and our iOS app and the task was hidden in both places as expected. Can you please open a support ticket and include some screenshots that show how you are applying the filter and the task that is showing up that shouldn't.
Alister Cruickshanks

Posted: Feb 08, 2012
I will raise a support ticket shortly.

I probably will need to take a photo of the screen as I don't know how to do a screen shot on the Ipad!

Many thanks for your help.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Screenshot on the iPad is done by holding down the lock button and pressing the home button. You can Google "iPad screenshot" for more details.
Alister Cruickshanks

Thank you....however Whilst taking Photos I noticed something.

I noticed that I could not see the "Start Date" listed on the task like on the main website.

Then, I went it Settings, and saw that Start Date was listed as an unused field. (under fields and defaults).

So....I moved it to add the field, closed and then reopened the App. and Hurrahh, it works!

So....it seems that the "Hide Future Tasks filter" ONLY Works if you have the "Start Date" added as a field via the settings.

Anyway, Thank you for your help. If you hadn't have asked me to take some photos, I would never had found the answer!

Alister
Alister Cruickshanks

... The confusion was I think that I tend to use the Website to create tasks, but use the Ipad App to tick them off and check what's coming up!....So I never noticed that Start Date was missing on the App!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If the start-date field is not used, then the start date will not be examined when applying the filters.

Glad you figured it out.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.