ForumsQuestionsLooking for a toodledo consultant

Looking for a toodledo consultant
Lara White

Posted: Feb 06, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
I have been using toodledo for about a year, but have gotten away from it as I found numerous issues that I could not work out-such as how to set up a preferred view, subtasks that work as subtasks are supposed to and other basics that power users know how to do or have work arounds for.

I was wondering if there are any power users out there who would be willing to set up a screen sharing session with me to show me the tips and tricks of getting it set up to work for me?

I need a combo of regular tasks plus some project based stuff with a million little parts to keep track of.

thanks a bunch!
Salgud

Posted: Feb 07, 2012
I'd be happy to help you, Lara. I've been using TD for a year and a half, and it does have a steep learning curve. Let me know if you're interested.
Lara White

yes, I am very interested. I have used it for over a year as well, but have never dug deep to really understand some of the more advanced features.

Setting up views-I cannot for the life of me figure out how the "search" is used to set up a preferred view. I do get incredibly frustrated trying to use search for a search though, like if I want to find a note or specific task.

I want to set up a view that shows me things due within the next week, and I would like to be able to toggle to a monthly view easily to do my weekly planning. Is there a way to set a preferred view as the main view?

iphone app-I love the simple views from the app you can easily see due in 7 days, due in 30 days, no due date, and arranged by folder.

Subfolders-I tried to pro subscription but could not figure out how to view the subtasks and how to organize it properly. It didnt seem like they were date organized or stayed under their folders, so I had a hard time seeing what was what. I'd like to be able to easily view tasks in date order by folder and also just upcoming due dates.

I'd like to schedule future tasks that do not show up until it gets close to being due. I tried the instructions for this and something seems to not quite work for me.

Need a place/system for handling those someday tasks so I can input ideas and have a storage bin for them so to speak but they arent cluttering up my daily task list. I would like to be able to view them separately as a list on occasion, for review.

I run 2 separate businesses and have an assortment of personal tasks as well as projects. Most of my stuff tends to be project based with lots of little tasks, such as writing and designing an ebook, and sometimes there might be several "folders" to a project, like the graphic design and photos related tasks and the writing related tasks. I don't think i need microsoft project, but I do need to be able to input and store hundreds of tasks.

I'd like to loosely follow the GTD system, but I work from home, at a desk all day, so contexts aren't relevant to me.

I think that about covers my problem areas! I can be reached at lara-at-gyphon-dot-co (not com, just co)
Salgud

Sorry, Lara, but my phone won't accept that email address. Do you have another? Or you can send to davegbel<who is at>comcast.net
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.