ForumsQuestionsautomatically change due date if task isn't completed?

automatically change due date if task isn't completed?
Kevin

Posted: Feb 09, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Is it possible to set up a task so that if it has a due date (such as Feb. 8), but the task isn't completed on the due date, the due date is automatically changed to the next day (Feb. 9)?

(I love sorting tasks by due date, but if I miss a couple of tasks that were due Feb. 8, they won't show up on today's due date sort.)

Love Toodledo!

--Kevin

This message was edited Feb 09, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 09, 2009
Thanks for the suggestion.
Peter Scott

Posted: Feb 10, 2009
That's just perverted :-) You want Toodledo to automate your procrastination for you???
Scott

Posted: Feb 10, 2009
Can't you do this by putting a ? in front of the date?
Acustk

Posted: Feb 11, 2009
If automatic roll-forward of dates is implemented, I suggest that it should be optional with both a global setting and a per task setting.

Examples:
I may have a repeating task due 2/01/09 that I'm late completing this time. I don't want the date rolled forward because I want the next instance to be 3/01/09, not a month from a rolled-forward date.

I actually value being able to see what I'm "Overdue" on. With dates rolled forward you would never be able to tell that anything is overdue.

Alternatively, I may WANT dates to move forward so I can automatically see them on the "Due Today" list.

So, if implemented, I think there should be global preference settings such as:

ROLL FORWARD DEFAULTS FOR NEW TASKS:
Roll Forward Past Due Dates to Current Date: Yes / No
Roll Forward Repeating Task Past Due Dates to Current Date: Yes / No

Also, I suggest making a visible field (check box) for each task when entering a task and also when viewing all tasks that can toggle whether that task's date gets rolled forward at midnight or not.

Les
J-Mac

Posted: Feb 11, 2009
Not a good feature - if a task becomes overdue, most people want to know about it, maybe set up an alert or a custom saved search and run it regularly. If tasks are automatically rescheduled, IMO that defeats the whole purpose of task management. You should SEE a task go overdue and then make a decision on what to do about it. If they are just pushed out in time automatically you cannot be very effective!

That's my opinion, anyway. :)

Jim
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.