ForumsQuestionsSelected Value for Folder Gets Overridden in Create Task

Selected Value for Folder Gets Overridden in Create Task
BeetRoot

Posted: Feb 13, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
Here's what I'm doing:

1. Select Folders, then my Projects folder, so I can see a list of projects. There are tasks with a folder of "Project."
2. Click circle icon with arrow in it next to a project and click Add Subtasks. Add task dialog appears with Project as the folder.
3. Select "No Folder" for my subtask, to prevent it from showing up in my Projects list.
4. Complete the rest of the task and click Save.

Result: Folder on new task set to Projects

Expected Result: Folder on new task set to No Folder.

Notes: If I select a different folder, such as Waiting For, it works fine. The problem seems to be that the system is setting a default value twice:

A. In the new task dialog.
B. If it finds that the new task has no folder in the new task dialog.

What I want is for the system to ignore case B. If I said "No Folder" I meant...NO FOLDER! :)

Today what this means is if I brainstorm a project and create, say, 10 tasks. I have to manually set the folder to No Folder on all of them. This is 30 clicks:

Click to make the Folder dropdown appear.
Click to drop down the list
Click to select No Folder

A shortcut is to click once on Folder, then press Home. This is 10 clicks and 10 keypresses. Still frustrating.

Is there any work-around to this? If not can this behavior please be changed in the application?

Thanks!
Dave
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 13, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
Thanks for reporting this bug. Currently, a subtask will inherit the folder of it's parent when it is created unless it is overridden. It doesn't appear to be overridden when selecting "no folder". I will investigate.
BeetRoot

Posted: Feb 14, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Thank you!
Samuel J. Radcliffe

Posted: Apr 29, 2012
Any action on this problem? It is REALLY annoying.
BeetRoot

Posted: Jun 26, 2012
I'm checking back in on this as well. It frustrates me several times a day.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.