ForumsQuestionsAssigning task with Location

Assigning task with Location
Danny PHS

Posted: Mar 12, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
The Help screen indicates "Because that person does not have the same folders, contexts, goals and locations as you, those fields will be blank after the reassignment. "

What if that person DOES have the same locations? In other words, if a pro subscription account assigns a task to another pro subscription account, and both accounts have the same locations defined, shouldn't the location data be transferred? Otherwise, there is a lot of duplicate entry to reassign each task.
daniel_h

I agree that it would be nice to set up same contexts, goal, locations, etc. with my assistant and be able to assign tasks back and forth without losing that information. however, with the current limitation, I would at least like the following:

allow us to choose that tasks assigned have the same defaults as new tasks. already, emailed tasks have these same defaults as an option. if my assistant assigns me a task, I would like it to at least have my default options. those ensure that the task makes it to my inbox and to my hotlist for me to process. otherwise, the only way that I know I have been assigned (or reassigned) a task is the collaboration email, which is sometimes hours delayed.

as a dream, I would love to be able to preserve the subtask information. many times, I assign a subtask to my assistant for her to do something and then reassign it back to me. I would like to be able to preserve the idea that it belongs to a goal, folder, context and parent task!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We are looking into these sharing issues. It is very complicated but we will find a good solution.
daniel_h

thanks for the quick response, as always! thanks also for tackling this complicated issue. would you comment specifically on the idea of giving us a choice for assigned tasks to have the same defaults as new/emailed tasks. that would help me out until the rest is sorted out! thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 13, 2012
I don't have a specific comment about that idea. I have logged it into our list and we will evaluate it when we get to that component.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.