ForumsQuestionspermalink for searches - please re-open topic

permalink for searches - please re-open topic
klsalvini

Posted: Mar 29, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,
I am not able to get the permalink for saved searches to work. I found two, closed forum topics on this issue, and tried the recommendations to no avail.

If I hover over my Saved Searches listed in the left nav, I see that they each have a unique URL, indicated by a unique number at the end. However, if I drag a couple of these to my bookmarks, and then click on them, they both open the same search, even though the URLS are different.

NOTE: It doesn't work when I try to open a second search in the SAME browser tab - the tab doesn't change to the new search, even though the URL changes. I have to right-click, open in a NEW tab. So if I just want to open toodledo fresh, it works. But if I want to switch between searches, I have to open separate tabs. Workable, but could be better.

Is this a bug or am I missing something? Maybe a browser issue?
Thanks for any ideas!

-Karen

This message was edited Mar 29, 2012.
Salgud

Score: -1 Reference
Interesting. I tried hovering over my Saved Searches, and all I see is a tip with the Saved Search name in it. Tried it in both FF and IE8. ??
JPR

I use Permanent Links and bookmark Saved Searches as well, and you aren't missing anything. The short answer is you can click your bookmark a second time and it will open the proper search. If you tend to open Saved Searches in a certain order, I have found a little tweak that works. Fairly easy to do, but a bit complicated to explain.

Salgud, most browsers will give you a URL preview of a link at the bottom of the window. You can also right click on any link/view in TD and "open link in new tab" and then copy the URL.

For example the unique Hotlist URL is:
https://www.toodledo.com/tasks/index.php#main_0
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I have added this to our bug list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.