ForumsQuestionsRepeating tasks don't repeat

Repeating tasks don't repeat
kaleb70

Posted: Feb 17, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Whenever I sync, from that point forward my repeating tasks fail to repeat. I end up having to re-enter all my repeating tasks. I have submitted a bug report but have heard nothing, and I'm surprised no one else here seems to have mentioned it. Could I really be the only one having this problem?

I'm using Toodledo on the iPhone.

This message was edited Feb 17, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 18, 2009
We responded to your ticket. Please refer there.
reg2

Posted: Feb 21, 2009
Can you post the ticket reply here for others to see? I have the same issue.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 22, 2009
reg2, You'll have to describe your issue here for us to tell what is going wrong with your account, but in general, repeating tasks will repeat after you sync them to the website. If they don't repeat, try syncing again.
reg2

Posted: Feb 22, 2009
OK, thank-you. I think that works. But it's confusing because a repeating task that's created on the iPhone and not yet synced will repeat immediately in the iPhone list as soon as it's marked as completed. Tasks that were previously synced with the web just get marked as completed and don't repeat until the next sync.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 23, 2009
Yes, this is correct. We know that it's a little funny and we plan to improve this in a future update.

THanks
kbw747

Posted: Feb 26, 2009
I sent a message to support, but have not yet heard anything back. I have not been able to get repeating tasks to work at all, not on my online account and not on my toodledo app on my iphone. I can't get it to work before syncing or after syncing. I need more help than I can find on the help topic and so far here. Thanks very much.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 26, 2009
Do you have the "repeat" field enabled? You can turn this on inside your account settings under "fields used". Once it is enabled, you can set tasks to repeat and then when you complete them, they will be automatically rescheduled.

Hope that helps.
kbw747

Posted: Mar 01, 2009
Yes, that helped. I didn't realize that they needed to be marked completed before they would repeat. Thanks.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.