ForumsQuestionsTab behavior change

Tab behavior change
docpat2511

Posted: Apr 11, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
I just got back to work after a week off and it seems like the behavior of some fields has changed when I tab through. Previously when I tabbed to the "folder" field and started typing, after a few letters the correct folder would autofill and I could then tab to the next. Now the autofill seems to pick the first folder with that beginning letter, enter it without my doing anything, and further presses of the tab key take me nowhere. Anybody else noticed this? Is there some fix?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 1 Reference
This is not behavior that is under Toodledo's control. The "type to select" behavior in popup menu is controlled by your web browser. Perhaps you switched web browsers, or installed an update recently that changed it's behavior.
JPR

Yikes. I'm seeing the same behavior in Chrome 18.0.1025.152 m. Just tried Firefox and everything is OK.
docpat2511

Posted: Apr 12, 2012
I'm using Chrome, too. Can't find any setting that seems to relate to this. This really stinks - it's costing me all kinds of time to mouse and click; but I have Chrome customized with all kinds of extensions. I really don't want to switch back to Firefox now. Anybody know of a setting I missed, or a workaround?
JPR

FWIW, I tested Chrome with all extensions and plug-ins disabled. No joy. There is no setting I could find, and no mentions in the Chrome Feedback forum.. although I didn't invest much time searching. I did submit a bug report through Chrome... no idea how big of a black hole that is. At least the new task window still works normally.
PeterW 

Confirmed that this is happening for me too on Chrome. It wasn't like this before.

I don't have FireFox installed but just tried in IE9 and the same behaviour is happening there also.

Curious!
docpat2511

Posted: Apr 13, 2012
I never used IE so I don't know if this was happening with them before too. Blast and bother. I'll try the Chrome bug report tactic as well, though I can't say I'm optimistic.
JPR

Posted by PeterW:
Confirmed that this is happening for me too on Chrome. It wasn't like this before.

I don't have FireFox installed but just tried in IE9 and the same behaviour is happening there also.

Curious!

Curious indeed. I confirmed the same in IE9. I have an old laptop that I use infrequently. I fired it up and can confirm the problem did not exist in Chrome 17, but did exist in IE8!
Salgud

Strange. I tested it in IE8 and it tested fine.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.