ForumsQuestionsDuplicate tasks

Duplicate tasks
sussmann.susana

Posted: Apr 18, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Repeating tasks usually duplicate themselves. So when I mark a repeating task as done, there appear twice next time. What's the problem?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 1 Reference
Are you syncing your account with any 3rd party products?
sussmann.susana

Yes, with DGT GTD in Android. But this problem happened when I don't sync with thin app nor the iPad app.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
DGT GTD has been reported previously to cause duplicates. You should know that it is always syncing in the background on your phone, even if you don't have the app open. Please contact the developers of that app for assistance with this problem since we cannot support 3rd party apps.
sussmann.susana

Posted: Apr 19, 2012
Thank you, I will. Any other third party app for Android you recommend.
dannyw0011

Posted: Apr 20, 2012
Try Ultimate To Do List. I use it, and it syncs perfectly with Toodledo. Compare it's features with other apps, and I think you'll see it probably more closely mirrors Toodledo's features, IMHO.

This message was edited Apr 20, 2012.
dgtale

Posted: Apr 21, 2012
Posted by sussmann.susana:
Repeating tasks usually duplicate themselves. So when I mark a repeating task as done, there appear twice next time.

Does it happen when you mark a task as done using the web application? (using the browser?)

Posted by Toodledo:
You should know that it is always syncing in the background on your phone, even if you don't have the app open

That's not true: DGT GTD can synch in background but that feature must be enabled by the user.
sussmann.susana

Posted: Apr 22, 2012
Dgtale: it happens when I mark tasks as done in web browser. But I disabled auto syncing in DGT GTD and doesn't mark tasks as done in the app. Since then, I have no more duplicate tasks.

I'm using DGT GTD only for alarm features, and mobile web page from Toodledo for add and mark tasks.

Indeed, than you very much for your replies.
ben

Posted: Apr 23, 2012
Posted by sussmann.susana:
I'm using DGT GTD only for alarm features, and mobile web page from Toodledo for add and mark tasks.

You might consider looking at ToodleTask for entry from your Android device, especially if you use the concept of an inbox for capturing tasks quickly.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.