ForumsQuestionsText field length for Folders

Text field length for Folders
rubengp

Posted: Apr 21, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

I'm quite new to Toodledo, and completely to the forums. I did a little research (very little, I must confess) and found nothing about an issue I would like to ask about. Sorry if it was posted and I wasn't able to find about it.

The thing is, I'm used to define projects the SMART (specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and timely) way, and that's the way I would like to see them when doing the Weekly Review (for GTDers). But, unfortunately, it's quite difficult to do so in 32 characters, as that's the limit of the Folder name text field.

Let me ask first: any special reason for that lenght? Would it be possible to allow for a longer test field?

Thanks in advance,
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 22, 2012
The 32 characters limit was set many years ago, before Toodledo was even released to the public. I agree that it would be nice to have a longer length, but it is extraordinarily difficult to change now.
rubengp

Posted by Toodledo:
The 32 characters limit was set many years ago, before Toodledo was even released to the public. I agree that it would be nice to have a longer length, but it is extraordinarily difficult to change now.

First of all, thanks for your quick answer, and sorry about my technical ignorance, but what would be the issue in changing it now?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Its more technical than I want to get into. Just trust me that it isn't easy, otherwise I would have done it.
rubengp

Posted: Apr 23, 2012
Posted by Toodledo:
Its more technical than I want to get into. Just trust me that it isn't easy, otherwise I would have done it.

:-(
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.