ForumsQuestionsContexts on iPhone?

Contexts on iPhone?
corysimek

Posted: Feb 23, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Sorry if this has been asked, I searched but could not find it.

1) I use Toodledo about 99 percent of the time on my phone, I just check in once a week via the web page and clean things up, copy and paste stuff if need be. I like working with contexts, and assign contexts when on the web page. But unless I am doing something wrong, I have no idea how to sort by context on my iphone?

2) The web page is most important for me as a way of backing up my tasks, even the completed ones, I want to keep them indefinately. I upgraded to the super duper pro account, whatever that is called. Am I completely backed up for as far back as I want now, or do I have to do something special in my settings?

3) I am sure I do not want to carry all of my completed tasks around with me on my phone forever, what do I do to remove them from my phone but NOT from Toodledo online? I want the peace of mind always knowing my stuff is backed up for reference.

Thanks,

Cory
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 24, 2009
1) On the iPhone, you can definitely sort by context. If you don't see the context field, you may need to enable it. http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=74

2) You should check your account settings to make sure tasks are saved as long as you want them to be. There is an option to delete old tasks after a certain time, so you'll want to set this to the longest time, or make manual backups to your computer using our export options.

3) We will support this in a future update.
DavidSzp

Posted: Feb 26, 2009
Posted by corysimek:
1) I use Toodledo about 99 percent of the time on my phone, I just check in once a week via the web page and clean things up, copy and paste stuff if need be. I like working with contexts, and assign contexts when on the web page. But unless I am doing something wrong, I have no idea how to sort by context on my iphone?

I know it's not the preferred "Toodledo" answer now that they have the Toodledo iPhone app of their own :-) but Appigo Todo on the iPhone does let you filter by context for any task view (and/or by tag or set of tags as well). It's really quite an awesome interface if you work that way. They also have the ability to hide completed tasks but keep them on the phone forever but I don't think it works the other way around yet. It's also $10, but that's a one-time price. They are missing other features like subtasks though, so you do have to pick and choose what's most useful to you...no reason you can't use and sync with both apps though; I do!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.