ForumsQuestionsHow do I change priority of all subtasks of a task at once?

How do I change priority of all subtasks of a task at once?
ericaforpresident

Posted: Jun 17, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
I have several projects that were high priority, but are now low priority/on hold. These projects have 11+ next actions (or subtasks, or child tasks, whatever you want to call them).

I would love it if I could just change the priority of the parent task, and have all the subtasks automatically change priority.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work this way, and so I would have to change each subtask's priority individually.

This is too much of a hassle for me. The main function of the prioritization for me is whether or not things show up on the Hotlist. If it's a 3 priority, it's on the Hotlist.

Since changing priorities for tasks that have many subtasks is too cumbersome, as a workaround I've resorted to using my 'Starred' list as my hotlist, as the starring function filters down to subtasks (i.e. when I star or unstar a parent task, the change is reflected in the subtasks).

Is there really no way to change the priority of all of the subtasks at once? This seems the most functional way to do things, as whole projects (not just individual tasks) tend to shift in priority frequently.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 18, 2012
Click on the action icon (Arrow in a circle) for the parent task and select "permanent link". Then expand the subtasks and use the multi-edit tool in the blue toolbar to change the priority for all the tasks.
ericaforpresident

Ok, great. Thank you.

Am I supposed to get an email notification when I receive a response to a question in the forum? I didn't receive one. I do have this conversation set on 'watching'.
ericaforpresident

Ok, great. Thank you.

Am I supposed to get an email notification when I receive a response to a question in the forum? I didn't receive one. I do have this conversation set on 'watching'.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
No, we do not send email notifications for forum responses. This is on our to-do list. You can click the "watchlist" link in the left column to see if there are new posts for your watched topics.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.