ForumsQuestionssubtask list organization

subtask list organization
garskof

Posted: Jul 02, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
I like to use subtasks and I like them to show indented to the master task of which they are a sub task. That all works great. But if I use indented sub task presentation then even if the sub task is due today, and the master task due next week, the master with its subs shows as not being due till the master task is due in terms of the sort order. What I would like is for a master task with all its sub tasks indented to show up in the sort order of my tasks based on the due date of the sub tasks. Maybe the other sub tasks and the master could have some sort of graphical element that means "this part is not due yet", but the sub task has to come up to the "due today" part of the list else how does one know it is about to come due? Is there a way to do this today? If not, that would be a great new feature. If it already exists, how do I do that?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 02, 2012
It is not currently possible to have the parent task automatically have the due-date of the most urgent subtask. This is on our to-do list to add in a future update.
garskof

Posted: Jul 03, 2012
Understood. Glad to hear it is on your todo list.

I would not say that the parent task gets the due date of the child task if the child task is due before the parent. I would say that in the sorted list of tasks we place the entire parent/child grouping in the ranking based on the due date of task with the closest due date when the user has selected parent/child with indent as the view. I would also come up with some graphic that tells the user that the parent and these other children are not the one that is used to sort the due dates, it is THIS one so that it is clear which sub-task is due.

IMHO
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.