ForumsQuestionskeep notes field editable when focus is lost

keep notes field editable when focus is lost
John Wohn

Posted: Jul 12, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
I really love Toodledo - thank you!!

The notes field on a task is only editable when it has focus. This makes it impossible to paste into the notes field using a clipboard manager.

Clipboard managers are awesome tools - can't live without mine. It keeps a history of items I've copied and allows me to paste from the history. I use JumpCut but there are many different clipboard managers and my request isn't specific to JumpCut - it's about any tool that borrows focus.

If I click on the task notes field to make it editable, and then hit the hotkey to bring up my clipboard manager, the notes field loses focus and is no longer editable. Therefore I can't paste into it from my clipboard manager.

I know you're trying to be clever with your UI design but this really significantly slows me down. The notes field should just be a simple text field with no shenanigans about when it can be edited.

Thanks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 12, 2012
Thanks for the feedback. We will look into it.
JPR

Posted: Jul 13, 2012
I would love to see this as well. Maybe provide a global option when editing tasks to either:

a) "edit in line" as is now
or
b) open something similar to the Add Task form, which does work with clipboard utilities.

One workaround I use when I know I want to keep a note open for multiple edits (like web research) is to use the mobile site. There you get a nice full page tab that plays nice with clipboard utilities.

m.toodledo.com
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.