ForumsQuestionsShow "no due date" tasks on Hot List

Show "no due date" tasks on Hot List
jimlove_1333479462

Posted: Jul 30, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
I want a view that shows tasks due today (and overdue) AND tasks with no due date - nothing in the future. I can set up the Hot List to show only today and overdue, but how do I also get those tasks with no due date? I know that I can see those tasks without a due date on the All Tasks list, but I have to scroll through all future tasks to get to them. If they do not show in an at-a-glance list, they are too often forgotten. I also realize that I could set a high priority on all tasks with no due date, but they are not all high priority tasks.
daniel_h

Posted: Jul 30, 2012
I use the Start date. Most of my tasks don't have a Due Date, as I only use the Due Date for tasks that MUST be done by a certain date. My interpretation of Start Date is "when do I want to look at this task next?"

So my hotlist is made up of tasks that are due or overdue by Due Date, or have a start date that is "current." Tasks with a Start Date in the future do not show up on my Hotlist.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 31, 2012
You could do this with a saved search in our search section.
Salgud

I have my own Hotlist in Saved Searches which is similar to what you're asking. The date criteria are:

Due Date is before tomorrow
or
Start Date is before tomorrow
or
Due Date doesn't exist

Of course, there are other criteria to decide what is "Hot", like a status of Next Action or a Priority of Top and others.

I also have a view called, "Active, No Due Date", which specifically shows me these tasks, and is part of my Weekly Review list so that they get reviewed regularly and don't fall between the cracks.
daniel_h

certainly possible with saved searches. but I like to have my lists coordinated from web to iPhone. so until saved searches on iPhone, I will have to continue as described above...
Salgud

I'd like to see Saved Searches on the iPhone version, but I'm afraid that's a ways off. I use the TD on my iPhone almost exclusively to enter a task when I'm away from my desk, and occasionally to check status. But without Saved Searches, it's almost useless beyond these simple functions.

If TD would make the Hotlist totally customizable, and show that on the iOS version, that would be a huge step forward, and not just for me, but for many others. (Hint, hint!) :)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Saved searches on the iPhone is near the top of our to-do list.
jimlove_1333479462

Posted: Aug 03, 2012
Thank you all very much for your feedback.
Toodledo - I had not yet discovered the usefulness of creating and saving my own search. Really nice feature, except for not being able to use it on my iPhone. Thanks for letting us know that is near the top your to-do list. Please do not let that task get pushed down the list.
Daniel - Great idea. Very useful. Something new to incorporate into the way I use TD.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.