ForumsQuestionsCompleted as Status

Completed as Status
michaelc1210

Posted: Mar 03, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi I just start using this tool and wonder why there is no status as completed. Thanks.
frossie

Posted: Mar 03, 2009
When you complete a task, just tick its checkbox off. It's done, after all.
Gerry

Posted: Mar 10, 2009
I have to agree with 'michaelc1210' that we need a "Done" status in the deferred group.

I work with other folks on projects; they're independent contractors and have their own GTD methods and software.

I'ld like a way of marking a project as having a 'Done' status w/o placing a checkmark on it so that I can continue to track the active project w/o having to use subtasks (which are not yet very elegantly implemented in Toodledo).

I'm basically wanting to relegate these tasks into a status category that doesn't require much of my attention but is still avalable to me (along with all of the notes and info.) as I travel.

Perhaps instead of 'Done' you could add soemthing like 'fulfilled', 'completed' or 'executed' or some other descriptive sdjective?

According to Claudio (1-30-09): "One important thing to note is that status is divided into two groups. The active group and the deferred group. The deferred group includes tasks with a status of delegated, waiting, hold, postponed, someday, canceled or reference. Tasks that are deferred can be hidden by using the deferred filter."

Yet, what I'm seeing is that, while there are 7 categories in the deferred group (and only 4 in the active group) and it seems they aren't quite enough for your users.

Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion.
Claudio

Hi Gerry.

FWIW, that's not my quote. It's from the link that I provided to the relevant page on the Toodledo website: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sea rch=status.

Claudio

ETA: Hmmm ... the link doesn't go directly to the Status page, but it's there.

This message was edited Mar 10, 2009.
Gerry

Claudio,

My apologies. I should have said "according to Claudio's e-mail..." and given the source for the quote.

Gerry.
saskia.x

Posted: Mar 12, 2009
I generally mark tasks as "reference" if I don't need to take further action on them but want to keep the task available in Toodledo, which would cover the kinds of tasks you're talking about.
AP

Posted: Jul 24, 2009
I agree with those requesting "completed" as a status option. I don't mind having to do this manually or having to check the box showing a task as done.

Also, for repeat tasks, I agree with the member who suggested that the completed status of one task not be carried forward in the recurrence.

Otherwise so far I am loving Toodledo, am learning something new every day, and have recommended it to others.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.