ForumsQuestionsSort folders by priority

Sort folders by priority
semcdrlaban

Posted: Aug 16, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
I'd like the ability to sort folders by priority.
The reason for this is that I use folders as projects, much in the same way that David Allen manages GTD. However, my work requires me to hand over a prioritised list of what I'm doing and I'd like to be able to prioritise my projects so I can sort them by priority and hand them over as they are.
Right now I believe it is possible to do this in a number of ways: Add a number to the folder and then alpha-sort. Add a task in each project that states a priority and do a search or sort based on that. Have a separate folder called "priorities" and keep a list of tasks in there sorted on priorities. However, it's clunky business to rename folders all the time. Adding tasks just to be able to do this clutters down the task list of each project. Having a separate folder of tasks would be insane because it would force me to sync the list of tasks and the folders all the time.
How do I go about this?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 16, 2012
If you go to the folder management page you can drag and drop the folders into any order you want, which will carry over to the tasks section when sorting by folder.
semcdrlaban

Posted: Aug 30, 2012
Well, that would probably work out for me, at least for the time being. I'll see if it holds through in the long run.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.