ForumsQuestionsProblem with ott workplace security requirements :(

Problem with ott workplace security requirements :(
neilcnewell

Posted: Aug 25, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
I've just changed jobs. My new workplace is VERY paranoid about IT security and when I try to access toodledo from my work desktop, I get a message stating I can't log on because cookies are disabled.

I've checked with our IT guys, and they confirm that settings are configured to block cookies (something to do with not allowing access to sites that sync with outlook? I'm no teccy but thats what they tell me!)

I've been using toodledo for over a year and love it......but the inability to access it from my work desktop is a real pain. Of course I can still access it via my phone, but that is hardly the same!

I fully appreciate this is not toodledo's fault - it's my paranoid workplace! nonetheless, I wondered if anyone has a work around I could try which might allow me access and log onto the website at work without breaching my work's security requirements??

Neil
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 25, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
There are probably ways to get around it by using a proxy or setting up a tunnel, but these are pretty complicated to setup. Also, consider that you would be intentionally violating your companies policy. My suggestion is to try to convince your manager that Toodledo is a powerful and useful tool for managing your productivity. If you can get your manager to buy into it, they may even get the entire team to sign up for Toodledo!

:)

This message was edited Aug 25, 2012.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.