ForumsQuestionsHelp! All Tasks are gone after synchronizing with PI

Help! All Tasks are gone after synchronizing with PI
Jan-Peter Braun

Posted: Aug 28, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Yesterday I synchronized with Pocket Informant (Android). Now all tasks are gone. This is horrible. Can I get the task back? Can the Toodledo-team bring the tasks back? I realy need them!!!

This message was edited Aug 28, 2012.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
It sounds like Pocket Informant deleted all your tasks. We have gotten several reports of this happening in the last few days. Pocket Informant may have released an update recently that has a bug that causes this problem.

Check your Recently Deleted Tasks list. This is located in your account settings. It will explain who deleted your tasks. If it was PI, then you will need to contact them for assistance. We cannot support 3rd party apps that misbehave.

If you are using Pocket Informant and this hasn't happened to you yet, I suggest that you immediately take a backup of your account which you can use to restore your data should PI delete your tasks.

http://www.toodledo.com/tools/connect_backup.php
Jan-Peter Braun

I am a Pro Subscriber. I am a little bit disappointed, that there is no "undo"-Function. A bad programmed third-party application can delete all taskes and there is no chance to get the tasks back? I can't believe that!!!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
When you use a 3rd party app, you give it full permission to do anything that you could do, including delete all your tasks. We do not currently have an undelete function, but this is on our to-do list to add in a future update. Sorry.
pdw......

Posted: Sep 05, 2012
The same thing has happened to me, but I still have a copy of my tasks on my tablet and am in the process of rebuilding....when I created my Toodledo account there was an option to assign "overwrite" powers to either my Toodledo account, PI account or merge both lists.

Is this an option that we can access after this initial install? I set up tasks on my tablet and do not want to lose this info when I sync
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 05, 2012
You will need to ask this question to the company that makes Pocket Informant. I do not know the answer.

http://www.pocketinformant.com/wp/
pdw......

Posted: Sep 06, 2012
Thanks for responding, but I found out the answer. Just for the record, during the initial process to sync Toodledo to PI, there is the option to determine "overwrite powers" If one chooses the "merge" option, the data from both databases will be copied.

Afterwards, changes from either the tablet or desktop will be recorded.

"Live and Learn"
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.