ForumsQuestionsHorizontal tabs (or folder filters) using contexts/tags/???

Horizontal tabs (or folder filters) using contexts/tags/???
STP_1347553187

Posted: Sep 13, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
I would like to be able to use contexts (or tags or whatever) to mark certain folders (and their tasks and subtasks) as Home, Work, etc. I then want to be able to filter the current view so that I can view only the Home folders (and its tasks and subtasks), or Work folders (and its tasks and subtasks), etc. Ideally, I would do this by using horizontal tabs at the top of the page (similar to the Tasks and Notebook tabs), with one tab showing all of the Home folders, one tab showing all of the Work folders, etc., so that I could switch quickly among them. A less ideal--but still perfectly acceptable--way of doing this would be to simply have some kind of filter (using contexts, tags, or whatever) that would show all Home folders, or all Work folders, etc. Is this possible?

I searched the forums and could not find a clear answer to this question. I understand that there was a UI redesign a while back and that folders do not appear to have contexts or tags, so perhaps what I want is not possible.

Abstracting away from the specific terminology of folders, contexts, etc., what I basically want to do is use the left-side vertical pane as a way to manage "collections" of tasks/items (with the individual tasks/items themselves appearing in the main part of the window) while being able to filter which "collections" of tasks/items appear in that left-side vertical pane based on a separate criteria (i.e., Home, Work, etc.).

Thanks in advance for any help.

UPDATE: I understand that saved searches can be used to filter by folder, but--as an example--I want the Work folders to disappear from the left-side pane when I am looking at the Home folders because I use folders a lot as a management tool.

This message was edited Sep 13, 2012.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 13, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
It is not currently possible to temporarily hide certain folders from the left side pane. Sorry.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.