ForumsQuestionsRepeating tasks - don't

Repeating tasks - don't
DebbiLawson1

Posted: Mar 09, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I am a new user and have entered many repeating tasks and marked them as complete. However, they never show up again. I did a search on repeat and didin't see any posts that addressed this. What am I doing wrong? Thank you.
Claudio

Posted: Mar 09, 2009
When you complete a repeated a task, it will be scheduled (only once) in the future at whatever interval you specified for the repeat.

A task shows up when it is due. You can also see it in any view that shows a future time frame that that includes the task, eg. if you complete a task that repeats daily, it will be displayed in the Tomorrow tab of the Due-Date view.

Also, the default view is to Hide Future Tasks. You can change this in Filters.
brasax

Posted: Apr 25, 2009
Have the same issue.

Marked as completed and it is not coming up again.

Task should be repeated daily, but if it is set to completed, the task is gone.

The view is sorted by due-date, no filter.

I get the repeating tasks only if I do it in Outlook. Otherwise the repeating tasks are not working

Any ideas?
Anders

Posted by Toodledo:
The problem is that the end application that you are using (Outlook, ToDo or Toodledo.com) is the one that is responsible for rescheduling repeating tasks.

Right now, the Outlook sync app and the ToDo iPhone app do not reschedule repeating tasks, although I am sure that this will be improved when the developers of those apps release updates.

http://www.toodledo.com/forums/3/385/0/repeating-tasks.html
Anders

Score: 1 Reference
By the way, I just realized that is a very old post from Toodledo, but I am guessing that the problem discussed with syncing repeated tasks and 3rd party programs still exists.
brasax

Posted: Apr 26, 2009
okay, but if I have set the task in Toodledo with repeating "daily", what has this then to do with the sync?

Is the tool overwriting something in Toodledo?

If I have set the repeats in outlook, it is working fine. But I don´t have Outlook all the time, that´s the reason I´m using Toodledo.

Other way round: if I disable the sync and create a new task in Toodledo, then it is working? Makes no sense for me..
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 27, 2009
It sounds like the Outlook sync is breaking the repeating tasks. Since the Outlook sync tool is a third-party tool, you'll need to contact the developer for support.

http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/software/ToodledoSyncInfo.aspx
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.