ForumsQuestionsvoo2do import broken?

voo2do import broken?
luke

Posted: Mar 18, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I'm trying to move from voo2do - when I export the backup in XML format, it's reported to be too big to import in toodledo. So I open it in notepad, scroll down about halfway, and delete all the <task></task> tags, being careful to preserve the <xml> and <response/> tags. When I try to import, the import "succeeds", but no tasks are found.

Anyone else have success with voo2do importing? This seems to be pretty clearly a toodledo bug, at least as current instructions describe the process.
luke

Posted: Mar 19, 2009
Just to be clear, I'm deleteing HALF of the <task></task> tags, not all of them.

Not sure how this isn't working - if this process works at all, it should be about this straightforward.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
It could be that voo2do has changed their export file format. We'll have to check on that.
luke

Posted by Toodledo:
It could be that voo2do has changed their export file format. We'll have to check on that.

Where should I be checking to see when the import functionality gets updated/fixed?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 20, 2009
We'll post it in the news section.
luke

Posted: Apr 10, 2009
Any updates on this? I'd really like to move to toodledo, but I really can't until this gets completed.

Curious if it's being worked on at all, or not - if the only issue is that voo2do has changed format, this should be a tiny fix.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 10, 2009
Its still on our to-do list. I'm sorry that I can't be more specific.
luke

Posted: Jun 11, 2009
Any updates?

It seems like it would be a bit embarrassing/problematic to advertise voo2do imports for months when you're aware that it doesn't work...

I'd really love to give this a try at some point, and this should be a very, very easy fix.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 11, 2009
You are correct. We shouldn't list it if it is currently broken. I have temporarily removed it from the page until we can get it fixed.
luke

Posted: Jun 16, 2009
It works! Hooray!
luke

Posted: Jun 27, 2009
Well, sort of - the tasks don't show up in my account. When I go to import, I see a list of TODOs, then I click "Save", but when I go to the TODOs list in ToodleDo, I don't see any tasks in any tab.

So, just a bit to do still, it looks like...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 27, 2009
I just tested it, and it was working with my import file. Maybe there is something in your import file that we failed to test. If you wouldn't mind creating a support ticket and attaching the file, we can take a look and help you out.
luke

Posted: Jul 15, 2009
I don't think there's an issue - I believe that the problem is on voo2do's side. toodledo just wasn't displaying the TODOs that I imported because they were already completed. I'll update once I've gotten voo2do to fix their side.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.