ForumsQuestionsSubtasks and/or Folders

Subtasks and/or Folders
mikefoston

Posted: Feb 11, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
Hi

Firstly, I have spent so much time, effort and money on ToDo apps, it's crazy, or maybe I'm crazy. I had almost given up, but having found this site, which I think I found previously years ago, and the iPad App, I finally think I might be getting somewhere.

The only area at the moment I'm struggling with, is the concept of subtasks, being the same as any other task, just kind of stored somewhere different rather than actually appearing as what feels a proper subtask in my lists, indented, or something.

It feels like Folders are actually an easier way, read better if you like, because I can group them together a little easier and its clearer they are a subtask with the folder name rather than that tiny little icon. Or maybe, I am missing something.

I have lots of tiny projects, made up of 3-10 sub tasks, and I'm worried that folders will over run me, but that subtasks look a bit confusing. I'd very much welcome any guidance for other users.

Other than that, happy I found the site and the app, I'd almost given up on every getting myself organised..... I was beginning to think it was me!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 11, 2013
Have you seen our page that describes subtasks: http://www.toodledo.com/info/subtasks.php
mikefoston

Posted: Feb 12, 2013
Yes, I had, and just re-read it, but I suspect my issue comes from my primary usage being through my iPad rather than via the web site.

It appears from reading a bit more that there is work in progress on improving some of the iPad presentation, and so I'm happy to be patient. I've moved to folders for now, but as things change I'll keep an eye on it, to see if I need to move back, or keep going.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.