ForumsQuestionsAllow Subtasks to have different accounts than their Parent task

Allow Subtasks to have different accounts than their Parent task
Brian Gockley

Posted: Feb 18, 2013
Score: 1 Reference
A search in the discussions shows that this has been asked for several times before, and though many things have been improved and added to Toodledo since then, this one has not. So, I am asking once again.

In order to have the kind of collaboration where several people are working together on a task, but each doing a small part of it, those subtasks need to be assignable to different accounts, but visible to all.

E.g.: TASK: CREATE REPORT (In whomever's account, lets say Laura)
Subtask 1: Write it (Brian)
Subtask 2: get numbers (Mary)
Subtask 3: Make charts (Geoff)

As it stands now, even if you could have tasks and subtasks with different accounts, you cannot have both multiple workers, and be able to see the whole project, as assigning another account immediately disappears it off Laura's view. Ideally, it would go gray for Laura, but she would still see it listed.

Anyway, we are looking into whether to use this in a small office, but the disjointedness created by this siloing may make it unusable. We could all log in to the same account, but that is not very elegant. Fortunately, your record of upgrading and the excellent breadth of features and support make you a strong contender. We hope you can get around to a more real world application of collaboration to match your other strengths.

This message was edited Feb 18, 2013.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 19, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
We plan to make it easier to do this type of sharing in the future. For now, you could do this with joint tasks and share the task with everyone and the use the "tag" field to keep track of who is assigned to the task.
TLC_bucknell

Hey Jake,

Thanks for your response, and glad to hear about plans to improve this. I know you are "Putting AC on a horse and buggy," but I hope to hear that you are considering getting a new mode of transportation entirely! :)

We got three trial accounts and are trying things out. We are using Tags just the way you described, though it is a bit clunky.

Also, the notebook has not gotten much love since I last looked at it. Are there plans to add formatting abilities or anything?

Thanks,

-Brian

This message was edited Feb 19, 2013.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yes, we have plans to add formatting abilities to the notebook. You can already use HTML, but I know that this may not be intuitive for everyone.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.