ForumsQuestionsOption to hide values that are not set

Option to hide values that are not set
ChristianDiscer

Posted: Feb 20, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
This idea comes from the "Toodledo Highlighter" extension - specifically the "More Focus Enabled (hide as mush as possible until needed)" option.

Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We have thought about this, but if the value is hidden, what do you click on to set a value?
ChristianDiscer

I see, but the values (without an extension) are dimmed in color when not set. So, why not "simply" set the text color to the background color - effectively hiding it from display while still retaining an area to click on. Not a CSS/HTML programmer, but does that make sense?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Technically, that would work, but I think that some customers would not know where to click if the thing that they need to click on is invisible. I believe that this would decrease usability for some users.

If you want to set the text color to white just for yourself, you can do this by using a 3rd party browser plugin called "Stylish". You will need to find a friend who knows CSS to help you make the change for your browser.
ChristianDiscer

Posted: Feb 21, 2013
I should have mentioned "Toodledo Highlighter" displays the hidden (non-set) values in a dimmed state when hovering the mouse pointer over the task. That seems to be a workable compromise, that is, hidden non-set values until hovered over.

I may check out "Stylish" too. Thanks again.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.