ForumsQuestionsManual sort

Manual sort
orchard11

Posted: Feb 25, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
Perhaps I just don't know how to do this, but I would like to be able to manually sort tasks and sub tasks. At least within a priority category. For sure with subtasks I like to have them come up in the order I want to do them. If I omit a subtask and later add it, the order is off. If this is not possible, please consider it as an upgrade request.
Sabina A.

Hello,

You can manually sort your subtasks when they are in the indented mode nested under the parent task. You can do this by dragging and dropping using the arrow icon. You can find an explanation on the link below.

http://www.toodledo.com/info/subtasks.php

Unfortunately, manual sorting is not currently possible for all task, but it's on our to-do list for a future update. To simulate manually ordering of tasks, you can sort your list alphabetically and then prepend a number to the front of each task. You can also use the "tag" field to number tasks and then sort by tags.

Hope that helps.
orchard11

I guess I should have mentioned I want to do these things on the mobile version, with my iPad. I looked at your link and it doesn't work with iPad even when I don't use the app and actually go to the web site.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
It is not yet possible to manually sort subtasks on the iPad, but this is on our to-do list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.