ForumsQuestionsDelay toggling between functions?

Delay toggling between functions?
mlb32704

Posted: Mar 03, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
There is a noticeable delay in toggling between functions in the iOS app, as I am viewing them on my iPhone 4S. Moving from Settings to Notes, Settings to Tasks, and/or Notes to Tasks especially, there is a new lag that did not occur with the old app. Maybe an extra second or fraction of a second, but it's definitely new and noticeable. I'm going to try out the iPad later and see if this specific to the iPhone, or cross platform. Otherwise, for the most part, I like the update, so far. I still liked the old version better though, maybe the powers that be can find it in their hearts to offer a ToodleDo "Classic" at least from a look and feel standpoint, although I know that this is wishful thinking and I'm already prepared to move on. Thanks!
mlb32704

Update - the delay occurs on my iPad 2. I wonder if the new application is "fatter" or more dependent upon Internet connectivity versus the old version? On the iPad, it looked like it was trying to refresh or sync as you move between functions (Tasks, Settings, Notes)? I'll double check sync settings to see if there is something new but for now, just making you aware of this delay and wondering if there is anything that I can do to resolve or if I just have to get used to it. Thanks.
mlb32704

Update to my update - there are no new Settings that would impact what's going on, clearly there is a new delay across the board. And at this point I am basically talking to myself :) Maybe someone can weigh in on this, get used to it or we know about it and/or have a fix in mind?
mlb32704

Posted: Mar 04, 2013
Apparently I am not alone on this issue, it took me some time but I do see some related posts. I'm going to retire this one and post to the others, so as to save time and confusion. Unfortunately there is no way to close out a post but I'm going to effectively close it out by not posting any more to this one :)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.