ForumsQuestionsRepeat Task First or Last Day

Repeat Task First or Last Day
David Falkenberg

Posted: Mar 25, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
Is it possible to schedule a task to repeat on the first or last day of the current month? I saw the method to schedule for the 31st or 29th and how to use a question mark to skip/ignore the task, etc. What happens if I specify the 31st in January and it's now February or February in leap year? I couldn't find help or a forum topic to clarify this.

It would be nice schedule by 'relative' periods within a month. For example, Thanksgiving is the last Thursday of November.
frossie

Posted: Mar 26, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Click on the little wand icon next to the repeat option when adding a task - the drop down menu that says Weekly/Monthly/whatever will become a free-format field.

In that field type "the last Thu of each month". There you go.

See:

http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sea rch=repeat

or search for "repeat" in the help.

This message was edited Mar 26, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The 1st of the month is easy. Just set the due-date to the 1st and then set it to repeat monthly.

We currently don't have support for the last day of the month. What will happen is that Jan 31st, will become Feb 28th and then March 28th, April 28th. So, you can have it on the 28th of every month, but not later. Toodledo isn't smart enough yet, but we hope to have this option in a future update.
Alan

Posted by Toodledo:
TToodledo isn't smart enough yet, but we hope to have this option in a future update.
I'm adding a vote for this one too. It's a source of frustration as well for the users over at RTM and Toodledo implementing it would be yet another reason to switch!
thpope

Posted: Apr 03, 2009
Yes, this is an important added feature for me also.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.